- This event has passed.
Archive Open Saturdays
May 7 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Saturday, repeating until 18th December 2022
About this event
Discover the unique history of a textile mill and its community. Sunny Bank Mills Archive safeguards the history of the Mill for its local community and future generations through textiles, objects and stories. Containing over 60,000 lengths of cloth, 8000 fabric designs, 5000 dye cards, guard books and artefacts associated with nearly 200 years of cloth production it is a source of inspiration to history lovers, artists and anyone fascinated by heritage and textiles.
The Archive is a non-profit organisation and relies on ticket sales and donations to help in the ongoing care of the collection. Tickets are £5: All ticket sales are invested back into the Archive to help with safeguarding this unique collection and textile heritage of the mill.
Email email@example.com with any queries.
Covid-19: Archive Visitors Policy
- Please book your visit to the Archive in advance.
- 6 places per hour slot (to begin with- following gov guidelines). If you are in a group please book enough tickets for number of people in your group.
- Please note your details will be held for 21 days for track and trace as per government guidelines.
- If you are unwell or any of your household are showing symptoms as per government details, please do not come to the Archive and inform the Archive Curator of your cancellation.
- Please use the alcohol gel dispenser on entering and leaving the Archive.
- Please wear a face covering.
- Please do not touch the objects on display.
- Please always keep 2 meters apart.
- Please feel free to ask questions while respecting social distancing.
- Please respect the collection and others in the Archive and stay alert.
If you are wanting to book a longer research period. These take place on Mondays and are booked via our website. Monday Archive Bookings here.