Apply now for Ones To Watch 2022
January 20 @ 8:00 am - January 30 @ 12:00 am
Ones to Watch; our annual exhibition for creative students and 2021 graduates currently studying in or from Yorkshire is back!
Please submit your work via our Curatorspace page to be considered for Sunny Bank Mills annual Ones To Watch exhibition!
This will be the 9th Ones to Watch exhibition. In the last 8 years over 275 Yorkshire based emerging artists have had the opportunity to exhibit in a professional setting. Many have sold work and continue to be stocked in the Gallery or feature in future exhibitions.
We are looking for artists, makers, designers and creatives working in all media; painting, sculpture, jewellery, ceramics, film, sound, text, glass, metal, performance, wood, furniture, and more…
The exhibition takes place over 2 months: 19th March to 8th May 2022.
Always free to enter.
External judges from the art industry will assist in the selection of exhibitors and present a judges prize. Our panel comprises Artist Jenny West, Lecturer and academic Gill Park and Programme Director at the Art House, Damon Jackson-Waldock who will be sharing their expertise and experience with our gallery team to select this year’s exhibitors.
What’s in it for me
- The opportunity to exhibit in a professional, established independent gallery with extensive social media + website coverage and visitor numbers. Featured in The Times in 2020 as one of the few galleries to have a live exhibition supporting graduate artists when many degree shows were virtual or cancelled.
- Professional photographs of the exhibition and your work.
- The opportunity to meet and network with other artists from across the region.
- Support on how to present, price and sell your work commercially.
- Judges Prize and People’s Choice Prize (voted for by visitors to the gallery) will receive money.
- Winners and runners up take part in the Ones to Watch artist residencies with free studio space for a month. (5 residencies last year)
To be eligible for this opportunity you must be either:
- a current student on a creative degree in Yorkshire
- a 2021 graduate from a creative degree in Yorkshire (including postgrad)
- a current student/or 2021 graduate from a creative degree outside of Yorkshire, if you were originally born, from or reside in Yorkshire.
The submission deadline is 30 January 2022. Submit via our Curatorspace page.