- This event has passed.
PRINTMAKERS AND POTTERS
9th April 2016 - 29th May 2016
We are lucky in Yorkshire to have some outstanding printmakers and many studios and institutions that support them.
This year we have combined potters into our printmaking exhibition; 2D alongside 3 D. More in common than might think. Both are about preparation and process. Both can produce surprises; when a pot comes out of a kiln or a print from under a press there is always an element of the unknown and even in an edition no print or pot is exactly the same. This isn’t about mass production but more about the care and enjoyment in producing a unique piece of art that the reader can relate to.
- Anna Tosney
- Brian Hindmarch: Working in the landscape of the Hebrides and the Dales.
- Catherine Sutcliffe – Fuller
- Jonathan Ashworth
- Sarah Harris. Screen printed landscapes, from pen drawings.
- Introducing a small retrospective exhibition of prints by Celia Wilson celebrating the work of a Yorkshire Artist and Printmaker
- And some new prints from Gallery regular Mike Smith
- Beverley Porter: hand built sculptural figurative ceramics.
- Claire Lee: Hand built earthenware inspired by fabric and lace.
- Colin Jowitt
- Frances Lee
- Lauraine Sweeney
- Naomi Hughes
- Tammy Palmer
Image: Colin Jowitt