- This event has passed.
SUNNY BANK MILLS HISTORY
2nd December 2015 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Join us for a look the round the Archive which contains a vast array objects depicting the Sunny Bank Mills history, it’s cloth and its people. No appointment necessary. No charge.
The Archive is housed within 4000sq ft of the historic Sunny Bank Mills mill founded in 1829. This nationally important Archive consists of;
- Fabric records including over 300 guard books containing thousands of textile cuttings
- Over 60,000 lengths of fabric
- Over 8,000 fabric designs
- 5,000 wool dyeing recipe cards
- 100 leather bound ledgers and cash books
- Weaving Looms
- Photographs and memorabilia
- A library of mill related books.
The Archive is open the first Wednesday if every month.