We offer project, maker and printmaking spaces in our drop-in arts space in the Sunny Bank Mills studios.
For when the kitchen table isn’t big enough, you just need to get out of the house, or you want to be with and around other creative beings, we have project and maker spaces including textile printing and weaving facilities to hire from half a day or longer.
- Running workshops
- Makers and artists who don’t have the space at home
- New graduates looking to do continue/progress their practice but reluctant to take on the cost of a studio
Spinning Mill Studios
- Drop in project space. For workshops, painting and creative projects. Facilities include 3 x tables 3ft x 8ft (sitting); 1 table 4ft x 8ft (standing), sink.
- Textile Area: Facilities include: 1 x cutting/workshop table (6ft 6” x 12ft), 1 x Ironing/Cutting Table, 1 x Brother industrial sewing machine, 1 x Brother Over locker, 1 x soft bed screen printing table (5ftx10ft), wash out trough, irons, hairdryers.
- There are a number of screens/squeegees/ binder, pigment, printing inks and rollers and papers that can be hired/purchased.
- Limited storage space
- We also have a raku kiln which is outside Red Lane Mill. This can be hired on a individual basis or for workshops.
The Old Woollen
A 4,000sqft industrial space that is still virtually untouched. Used by us for our art markets, there is a bar/cafe and seating area, electricity and a heater. Original stone flagged floor which is uneven in places making it unsuitable for social events in the evening. Great for super big sculptural or art projects and large courses.
Twisting Gallery Studios
- Weaving Area. Facilities include 6 George Wood hand looms, warping trees, shuttles and bobbins.
- There is also a drop in space with 2 tables 8ft x 4ft that can be hired out for workshops or short projects.
- We have a selection of yarn for purchase too.
Booking and access details
General access to studios: 9.00 am – 9 pm: Tuesday – Sunday.
There are no membership fees; you simply pay for the time you use.
Our maker spaces are also available to hire for artists/makers running workshops and courses.
We offer discounts to students and graduates up to two years post-qualification.
To visit first/pop in for a look contact us at email@example.com
All prices include vat TEXTILE SCREEN PRINTING TEXTILE DROP IN
PROJECT SPACE RAKU KILN Spinning Mill Spinning Mill Spinning Mill Red Lane Mill WORKSHOP HIRE Half Day £45 £40 £40 £40 Full Day £80 £75 £75 £75 Weekend £120 £100 £100 £100 INDIVIDUAL Half Day £20 £10 £10 £10 Full Day £40 £20 £15 £20 Week £60 £50 £45 £50 STUDENT /GRADUATE (Up to 2 yrs pg) Half Day £15 £5 £5 £5 Full Day £30 £10 £10 £10 Week £48 £30 £30 £30 LOOM HIRE Twisting Gallery £50 per week £10 a day after that Twisting Gallery Space Hire See Spinning Mill project space prices above PRINT TECHNICIAN SUPPORT Email us for more information EVENT HIRE OLD WOOLLEN For costings, email firstname.lastname@example.org with information about your event.