We offer project, maker and printmaking spaces in our drop-in arts space in the Sunny Bank Mills studios. We also have exhibition and event spaces perfect for short term creative projects including pop-up exhibitions and filming.
Drop In Spaces
For when the kitchen table isn’t big enough, you just need to get out of the house, or you want to be with and around other creative beings, we have project and maker spaces including textile printing and weaving facilities to hire from half a day or longer.
We also have spaces to hire for self-led exhibitions, projects and photography and film work. See here for more details.
- Running workshops
- Makers and artists who don’t have the space at home
- New graduates looking to do continue/progress their practice but reluctant to take on the cost of a studio
Exhibition and Event Spaces
- Pop-up exhibitions
- Creative events
- And so much more! Let the spaces inspire you.
Spinning Mill Studios
- Drop in project space. For workshops, painting and creative projects. Facilities include 3 x tables 3ft x 8ft (sitting); 1 table 4ft x 8ft (standing), sink.
- Textile Area: Facilities include: 1 x cutting/workshop table (6ft 6” x 12ft), 1 x Ironing/Cutting Table, 1 x Brother industrial sewing machine, 1 x Brother Over locker, 1 x soft bed screen printing table (5ftx10ft), wash out trough, irons, hairdryers.
- There are a number of screens/squeegees/ binder, pigment, printing inks and rollers and papers that can be hired/purchased.
- Limited storage space
- We also have a raku kiln which is outside Red Lane Mill. This can be hired on a individual basis or for workshops.
1st floor 1912 mill
A 7550sqft impressive open plan mill interior, exposed brickwork with a central row of twin columns, ceiling beams and a section of feature timber floor. Read more here.
Used by us for our art markets, there is a bar/cafe and seating area, electricity and wifi. Great for super big sculptural or art projects.
- Weaving Area. Facilities include 6 George Wood hand looms, warping trees, shuttles and bobbins.
- There is also a drop in space with 2 tables 8ft x 4ft that can be hired out for textile-based workshops or short projects.
- We have a selection of yarn for purchase too.
Booking and access details
General access to studios: 9 am – 5 pm, Tuesday – Friday; 9.30 am – 4pm, Saturday; 9.30am – 4pm, Sunday. Keys for Sunday hire need to be picked up from the Art Gallery on the Saturday before if access is required before 11.30 am on any Sunday.
There are no membership fees; you simply pay for the time you use.
Our maker spaces are also available to hire for artists/makers running workshops and courses.
We offer discounts to students and graduates up to two years post-qualification.
For corporate hire, group or team workshops, please contact us on the email below.
To visit first/pop in for a look contact us at [email protected]
All prices include vat TEXTILE SCREEN PRINTING TEXTILE DROP IN
PROJECT SPACE RAKU KILN Spinning Mill Spinning Mill Spinning Mill Red Lane Mill WORKSHOP HIRE Half Day £45 £40 £40 £40 Full Day £80 £75 £75 £75 Weekend £120 £100 £100 £100 INDIVIDUAL Half Day £20 £10 £10 £10 Full Day £40 £20 £15 £20 Week £60 £50 £45 £50 STUDENT /GRADUATE (Up to 2 yrs pg) Half Day £15 £10 £10 £10 Full Day £30 £15 £15 £15 Week £48 £30 £30 £30 LOOM HIRE Weaving Shed £60 per week £15 a day + £10 a day materials Weaving Shed Space Hire See Spinning Mill project space prices above PRINT TECHNICIAN SUPPORT Email [email protected] for more information