If you are interested in exhibiting your work in Sunny Bank Mills Gallery or having work in the Sunny Bank Mills Gallery Shop, please follow these submission guidelines.
We are primarily an independent commercial gallery – we sell original art and design and take commission. Most of our exhibitions are selling shows.
We run a rolling programme of exhibitions, changing every 6-8 weeks and usually programme over a year in advance. Please note that we very rarely consider proposals for solo shows as we primarily curate group shows. We also have a curated shop which specialises in craft and design and stocks the work of local and national makers and designers.
Occasionally we have open calls for exhibitions/art and makers markets. These will be listed on our website and on CuratorSpace.com.
Unfortunately, due to time considerations, Sunny Bank Mills cannot make appointments for artists or makers to bring work to be viewed without first having received a submission either by post or email. If we feel the work may be suitable for either a specific exhibition or to support an exhibition, then we will arrange a meeting for you to bring the work to the Gallery, so we can see and discuss it with you.
How to submit your work
We generally prefer to receive submissions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Artists/Makers Submission” in the subject box and include;
- Full contact details including postal address, telephone numbers and website details
- A short letter of introduction and as much additional information about your work as you think necessary. We like details of materials and processes used in making the work.
- Your CV.
- Details of the size and medium of your work.
- An approximate price range (wholesale or retail) clearly marked as such.
- Please send good quality images that showcase your work (no more than 5) These should be saved for web (no bigger than 2mb). Clear backgrounds are preferred.
We are happy to visit your websites too but see this as additional to a written submission with work specifically selected with us in mind.
We will endeavor to respond to all submissions within one calendar month, but occasionally delays are unavoidable. We keep all submissions on file for future programming.
If you are successful with your submission, details of our commission and delivery note requirements will be included with our reply.
Thank you for submitting!