The Sunny Bank Mills Archive represents a unique look at over 180 years of cloth production at the mill and the lives of those who worked here.
The Archive offers limitless inspiration for all subjects from textiles, history and design, creating connections from the past to the present.
Large group visits are also available by appointment and can cater for your own group’s specialist interest. Visits include an introductory talk by our Archive Curator Rachel about the collection and the buildings that tell the stories of the Mill (charges apply).
Email email@example.com with any questions.
This nationally important Archive consists of:
- Fabric records including over 300 guard books containing thousands of textile cuttings
- Over 60,000 lengths of fabric
- Over 8,000 fabric designs
- 5,000 wool dyeing recipe cards
- 100 leather bound ledgers and cash books
- Weaving looms
- Photographs and memorabilia
- A library of mill related books.